Responsibilities of a Captain
Prior to a quiz meet:
- Be a role-model for other quizzers by completing each deadline on time and saying review each week!
- Be a role-model by being a student of God’s Word by meditating on His Word & trying to put His Word into action
- Connect with each teammate weekly to be sure their deadlines are current, provide help if needed and encouragement
- Build relationships with teammates, showing an interest in their lives and prayer needs
- If a team ‘costume’ is going to be used, to decide on this & prepare well in advance
At a quiz meet:
- The priority is to make this a FUN experience for all!
- Rookie quizzers will especially need help in understanding procedures, being encouraged to participate, and in being introduced to others
- Be a role-model by quizzing to the best of your ability, staying focused, challenging to defend your teammates whenever necessary, and at all times, maintaining a positive and encouraging attitude
At all times:
- Be respectful of those in authority over you, whether it be your coach, any adult that gives of their time to listen to deadlines at practice, and the quizzing officials
- Show humility in your interactions with others