To the casual observer, Bible Quizzing is a sport in which three teams match knowledge, jumping speed, memory and quickness of response against one another on a designated portion of Scripture.
However, quizzing offers much more than just competition and sport. The program involves memorizing a specific book or books of the Bible for each quiz year. By becoming involved in memorization, young people develop a love and respect for the Bible. The Word is planted in their hearts and dynamically influences them.
Young people from grades 6 to 12 compete against each other which allows quizzing to be diversified. Younger students learn from the older ones and vice versa.
Through this teamwork, Bible quizzing helps young people develop a genuine concern for others. Quizzers learn to rely upon the Lord and not upon themselves to attain their goals. Quizzing also gives a biblical perspective for everyday life and helps in the application of scriptural principles.
- Establishes new relationships between Christian young people who have similar values and interests. Develops deep friendships with teammates and competitors.
- Produces a lasting spiritual impact through Bible memorization.
- Increases in-depth knowledge of the Bible.
- Teaches the necessity of studying.
- Molds personality and builds character.
- Encourages down-to-earth honesty and a cooperative team spirit with others.
- Teaches application of Christian unity and sportsmanship.
- Teaches goal-setting and how to work toward achieving goals.
- Builds self-confidence and aids in overcoming fear and nervousness. Develops the ability to think quickly under pressure.
- A willingness to set aside time for study and to learn.
- Be in grades 6 – 12
- An encouraging attitude and spirit.
- A willingness to be motivated and challenged and a desire to do your best!
- Able to travel to several quiz competitions during quiz season.
- Willingness to set aside necessary money to cover quiz expenses.